Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Experiences in Hong Kong


During my short time here, I have done a variety of things I'd never experienced before:

--I have talked with domestic helpers who have been abused by their employers
and have been cheated out of money through illegal agency fees.

--I have witnessed live seafood waiting to be cooked.

--I have attended a beach party thrown by Mission for Migrant Workers.

--I have participated an Eid-al-Fitr celebration in Victoria Park.
--As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I visited a shelter last week.


I tell you all of this to give you a little bit of context for what I've been doing since I arrived in Hong Kong and put the following statement in perspective…

By far, the strangest, most foreign thing I've experienced here is that the fax machine doesn't print a confirmation page after the fax is sent. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I want to know, how much peanut butter did you pack? Haha! I remember that being of concern to you in France! Adding you and your mission to my prayer journal tonight so I remember to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete