Monday, August 6, 2012

New Home - Church and otherwise


So much has happened since I last updated my blog from Canada! I arrived in Hong Kong on August 3. The past three days have been a whirlwind! In some ways, it feels like I've been here longer, but that may be because I've done so much in the short time.

Of all the meetings, conversations, outings, and explorations, the most important thing I've done here so far is attend a church service at the Cathedral. When reorienting myself in any new situation, I find church to be the most grounding experience.



I was excited to see that St. John's has a labyrinth. I will be taking advantage of that while I'm here.



I plan to start work next week, so this week is a bit of getting acquainted with Hong Kong and a bit of discussion with my new supervisors and colleagues. Has anything exciting happened with you while I've been away? Feel free to share below!

2 comments:

  1. Was the worship at the Cathedral in English?
    What is the language of choice and how is that going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The service I attended was in English. The two official languages in HK are Cantonese and English.

      Delete